This is a guest post from our partners at Old Republic Home Protection.
Countless culprits can cause unpleasant household odors, and nothing can turn off a potential buyer more quickly than a foul smell. Here are a few ways to help your clients improve their home’s fragrance and help get it sold quickly!
- Garbage disposals are a common cause of kitchen odors. Run hot water and dish soap down the drain with the disposal on to give it a good clean.
- Give the refrigerator a deep clean to keep odors at bay.
- Avoid pungent pet odors by cleaning litter and feeding areas daily. Wash animal bedding often to reduce stale smells.
- Scented candles and wax burners are easy ways to infuse a pleasant fragrance inside. Be mindful of placement, and be careful not to mix scents. Always snuff the flame before leaving the room unattended.
- Houseplants add life and freshen the air naturally. Position plants near an open window so their refreshing scents can breeze right through the home.
- Baking creates a wonderful aroma throughout the home. Leave a freshly baked batch of cookies out for potential buyers and fill the air with sweetness.