Oregon landlord compensation fund likely open by end of January

Photo by Dan Meyers on Unsplash

Portland Business Journal | Jonathan Bach

Oregon housing officials are trying to open applications for a key rent-assistance fund for landlords by the end of this month.

The landlord compensation fund program will last until the end of June, according to a spokeswoman for Oregon Housing and Community Services, the state’s housing finance agency. In late December, lawmakers authorized the creation of the fund and put in $150 million. June 30 is when the two fiscal years covered by the current state budget come to a close.

The fund will allow housing providers to apply to get 80% of what they’re owned in past-due rents, but they’d need to forgive the remaining 20%.

Read the story online here: Oregon landlord compensation fund likely open by end of January